Car window tinting refers to applying a thin film to the interior or exterior of a car’s windows to reduce the amount of sunlight and UV rays that enter the vehicle. The level of tint is typically measured in percentage, with higher percentages showing a darker tint. For example, a window with a 65% tint allows 65% of light to pass through and blocks the remaining 35%.
In most states, a tint level of 65% is standard for the front windows of a vehicle. However, there are some exceptions to this rule. In Alaska, California, Delaware, Iowa, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Vermont, the tint level must be higher than 65% for the front windows of a vehicle. This is to ensure that the driver has adequate visibility while operating the vehicle.
If you’re considering tinting the windows of your car and want a darker tint than the standard 65%, it’s important to check with your local DMV before making any changes. Each state has its own laws and regulations regarding window tinting, and it’s important to ensure that you comply with these laws to avoid any potential fines or legal issues. Besides checking with the DMV, it’s also a good idea to consult with a professional window tinting service to ensure that the tint is applied correctly and does not interfere with the visibility or safety of the vehicle.
What does 65% tint look like?
A 65% tint is a medium level of tint that allows a moderate amount of light to pass through the window. It is not as dark as a 5% tint or 20% tint, but it is also not as light as a 70% tint or 80% tint. From the outside, a 65% tint will appear to be a medium shade of gray. From the inside, the tint will appear to be a lighter shade of gray and will allow a moderate amount of sunlight to enter the vehicle.
Car Window Tint Percentage Visualization Tool
Select a percentage value from 1 to 100 to see how dark it is:
Use the basic window tint visualization tool above to see how dark 65% tint is. Set the value to 65 and the tool will simulate the tint percentage for the most common black tinting film. However, for other tint colors, use our advanced tint percentage visualization tool.
Can you see through 65% tint at night?
Yes, you should be able to see through a 65% tint at night. The tint will not significantly affect your ability to see through the window, especially if you have proper lighting in the vehicle. However, a darker tint, such as a 5% or 20% tint, may make it more difficult to see through the window at night.
How much does 65% auto tint cost?
The cost of auto tint with 65% VLT will vary depending on several factors, including the size and number of windows being tinted, the type of tint film being used, and the location of the tinting service. On average, you can expect to pay between $100 and $300 for 65% tint on a single window, with the total cost of tinting all the windows of a vehicle ranging from $200 to $600 or more.
Is 65% tint worth it?
Whether 65% tint is worth it will depend on your personal preferences and needs. Some people may prefer a darker tint to reduce the amount of sunlight and heat entering the vehicle, while others may prefer a lighter tint to maintain a brighter and more open feeling inside the vehicle. Besides providing a level of privacy and reducing glare, tint can also provide some UV protection and reduce the fading of interior surfaces. Ultimately, whether to tint your windows and at what level is personal and should be based on your own needs and preferences.
A car window with 65% tint allows 65% of sunlight to pass through and blocks the remaining 35%. This tint level is standard for the front windows of vehicles in most states, but there are some exceptions. In Alaska, California, Delaware, Iowa, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Washington D.C., New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Vermont, the tint level must be higher than 65%. If you want a darker tint on your windows than the standard 65%, it's important to check with your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) before changing your vehicle.