When planning a trip, you may rent a car.
It is essential to have the right coverage.
Chase Sapphire cards offer insurance for rental cars.
Understanding Chase Sapphire’s Rental Car Coverage
Chase Sapphire has two main cards.
Both provide rental car insurance when you use them to pay.
The coverage acts as a secondary insurance within the U.S.
But it becomes primary when you’re abroad.
The Types Of Coverage
- Physical damage to the car is covered.
- Theft of the car is also covered.
- Towing charges can be part of the coverage.
- Loss of use fees charged by the rental company are included.
What Is Not Covered?
- Injuries to people are not covered.
- Damage to other cars or property is not included.
- You may not be covered for loss of personal belongings.
Always read the fine print for any exceptions.
How to Use Chase Sapphire’s Rental Insurance
- Pay for the entire rental with your Chase Sapphire card.
- Decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver (CDW).
- If an accident occurs, contact Chase immediately to file a claim.
- Submit the required documents to Chase within the time frame.
Comparison: Chase Sapphire Preferred vs Reserve
|Chase Sapphire Preferred
|Chase Sapphire Reserve
|Up to the actual cash value of the car
|Up to $75,000
|Secondary in the U.S., Primary elsewhere
|Cost for Coverage
|Included with card use
|Included with card use
While the Preferred and Reserve are similar, they have differences.
The Reserve card offers a higher coverage limit.
Common Questions About Chase Sapphire Rental Car Insurance
Does It Cover Rentals In All Countries?
Almost every country is covered, but there are exceptions.
How Long Is The Rental Period Covered?
Coverage is usually for rental periods of 31 days or less.
What Kind Of Cars Are Covered?
Most standard cars are covered. Some expensive or exotic cars are not.
Always double-check if your rental is included.
What If I Use Points Or Rewards To Pay For The Rental?
You’re covered if you use Chase points.
Points or rewards from other programs may not offer coverage.
Should I Still Consider The Rental Company’s Insurance?
It depends on your needs and how much risk you want to take.
Consider what Chase covers and what it does not.
Additional insurance can fill in any gaps.
Tips for a Smooth Experience
Here are some tips to help you with rental insurance.
- Keep your rental agreement and Chase card terms handy.
- Inspect the car before driving and take photos of any damage.
- Keep all receipts and documents from the rental company.
- Understand the claims process before you need it.
- Call Chase if you have questions about coverage.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Does Chase Sapphire Cover Rental Car Insurance: The Ultimate Guide
What Does Chase Sapphire Insurance Cover?
Chase Sapphire rental car insurance primarily covers theft and collision damage for most rental vehicles when you decline the rental company’s insurance.
Is Chase Sapphire Rental Coverage Worldwide?
Chase Sapphire rental car insurance is available in most countries, but coverage may be excluded in certain countries. Check your benefits guide for specifics.
How To Use Chase Sapphire Car Rental Insurance?
To use the benefit, pay for the entire rental transaction with your Chase Sapphire card and decline the rental company’s collision damage waiver.
What Are Chase Sapphire’s Insurance Limitations?
The coverage does not include injury, personal items, or liability. There are also limits on the rental period and types of vehicles covered.
Chase Sapphire cards provide helpful rental car insurance.
This can save you money and give you peace of mind.
Make sure you understand how the coverage works. Ask Chase if unsure.
Happy and safe travels with your Chase Sapphire card!