32 Percent Window Tint Meaning With Real Life Examples

Window tint is a thin layer of film that applies to the inside or outside of a vehicle’s windows. It is used for a variety of purposes, including reducing glare, blocking harmful UV rays, and increasing privacy.

Page Title

One important aspect of window tint is its light transmission rating, which refers to the percentage of light that can pass through the film. For example, a window tint with a 32% light transmission rating allows 32% of the light to pass through the glass, while blocking the remaining 68%.

The amount of tint that is legally allowed on a vehicle’s windows can vary by state. In many states, there are specific regulations regarding the maximum amount of tint that can apply to the front, side, and rear windows of a vehicle. For example, it is typically illegal to use a tint with a light transmission rating of 32% or lower on the front windows of a vehicle, except in certain states where this is allowed. However, this percentage of tint may be used on the side and rear windows in many states.

It is important to be aware of the tint laws in your state and to only use tint that is within the legal limits on your vehicle’s windows. Using tint that does not comply with the law can cause fines and other consequences.

What does 32% tint look like?

The appearance of a window tint with a 32% light transmission rating will depend on the specific tint film that is used and the color of the film. A 32% tint will be slightly darker and will allow a small amount of light to pass through the glass.

As a comparison, a window tint with a higher light transmission rating, such as 50% or 70%, will be lighter and will allow more light to pass through the glass. A window tint with a lower light transmission rating, such as 5% or 20%, will be darker and will block more light from entering the vehicle.

32 tint car
Car picture showing the color of window after applying 32% tint

The actual appearance of the tint may also be affected by other factors, such as the color and tint of the original window glass and the lighting conditions. To get a better idea of what a 32% tint might look like, it may be helpful to compare it to tints with different light transmission ratings or to see examples in person or online.

Car Window Tint Percentage Visualization Tool

Select a percentage value from 1 to 100 to see how dark it is:

Selected Percentage:




Use the basic window tint visualization tool above to see how dark 32% tint is. Set the value to 32 and the tool will simulate the tint percentage for the most common black tinting film. However, for other tint colors, use our advanced tint percentage visualization tool.

Can you see through 32% tint at night?

It is possible to see through a window tint with a 32% light transmission rating at night, but visibility may be somewhat reduced compared to a window without tint.

During the day, the tint's light transmission rating will limit the amount of light that can pass through the tint. With a 32% tint, this means that only 32% of the light will pass through the glass, which can make it more difficult to see through the tint.

At night, the amount of light that is available will limit the amount of light that can pass through the tint, which will be much lower than during the day. As a result, visibility through the tint may be reduced at night compared to during the day. However, it is still possible to see through the tint under these conditions.

The visibility through a window tint can also be affected by other factors, such as the color and quality of the film, as well as the angle of the light. In general, darker tints reduce visibility more than lighter tints, and poor quality tints can also affect visibility.

How much does 32% tint cost?

The cost of window tint can vary widely depending on several factors, including the type of tint, the size of the windows, and the location of the vehicle. A basic window tint with a 32% light transmission rating will probably cost less than a high-quality tint with a similar light transmission rating.

There are several types of window tint available, including carbon, dyed, hybrid, metalized, and ceramic. Dyed tint is the most basic and least expensive type of tint, and it is made by applying a layer of dye to the film. Metalized tint is more expensive than dyed tint and is made by applying a layer of metal to the film. Ceramic tint is the most expensive type of tint and is made with a ceramic particle-infused film.

The size of the windows can also affect the cost of window tint. Larger windows will cost more to tint than smaller windows.

Finally, the location of the vehicle can affect the cost of window tint. Some areas may have a higher demand for window tint, which could cause higher prices.

It is difficult to provide a specific cost for window tint with a 32% light transmission rating as the cost can vary so widely. It is best to shop around and get estimates from multiple vendors to find the best price for your specific needs.

Is 32% tint worth it?

Whether a 32% tint is worth it depends on your personal preferences and needs. Some people may find that a 32% tint provides the perfect balance of visibility and glare reduction, while others may prefer a lighter or darker tint.

Here are a few things to consider when deciding if a 32% tint is worth it for you:

  • Visibility: A 32% tint will block a significant amount of light, which can make it more difficult to see through the windows, especially at night or in low light conditions. If visibility is important to you, consider a lighter tint.
  • Glare reduction: A 32% tint can help reduce glare from the sun, which can be especially helpful for drivers. If glare is a problem for you, a 32% tint may be worth considering.
  • Heat reduction: Tint can help block out some of the heat from the sun, which can make your vehicle more comfortable to be in on hot days. A 32% tint may not provide as much heat reduction as a darker tint, but it may still provide some relief from the heat.
  • Privacy: A 32% tint can provide a moderate level of privacy, but it may not be as effective as a darker tint at blocking people from seeing into your vehicle. If privacy is a top concern for you, consider a darker tint.
  • Legal issues: Many states don’t allow 32% tint to be used on the front windows.

Ultimately, whether a 32% tint is worth it for you will depend on your local tinting laws, specific needs and preferences. It may be helpful to consider the pros and cons of different tint levels and to talk to a professional about which option would be best for you.

Conclusion

A window tint with a 32% light transmission rating allows 32% of the light to pass through the glass, while blocking the remaining 68%. This level of tint is restricted for use on the front windows of vehicles in most states, except for Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Indiana, Arkansas, Colorado, New Mexico, Washington, Wyoming, South Carolina, Montana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, Florida, and Texas. However, this percentage of tint may be used on the side and rear windows in many states.

Leave a Comment