Does Fiat Own Ferrari

Does Fiat Own Ferrari?

Many people wonder, “Does Fiat own Ferrari?” The answer is both yes and no. Let’s dive into the details.

Does Fiat Own Ferrari


Does Fiat Own Ferrari


History of Ferrari

Ferrari is a famous car brand. It was founded by Enzo Ferrari in 1939. The company is known for its luxury sports cars.

Enzo Ferrari’s Vision

Enzo Ferrari loved racing. He wanted to build the best racing cars. His dream became a reality with Ferrari.

Early Years

In the early years, Ferrari focused on racing. The company quickly gained fame. Ferrari cars were winning races.

Fiat’s Involvement

Fiat is another big car company. It was founded in 1899. Fiat makes many types of vehicles. In 1969, Fiat bought a stake in Ferrari.

Fiat’s Stake In Ferrari

Fiat bought 50% of Ferrari in 1969. This helped Ferrari grow. Fiat provided financial support.

Increased Ownership

Over the years, Fiat increased its stake. By 1988, Fiat owned 90% of Ferrari. The Ferrari family owned the remaining 10%.

Fiat Chrysler Automobiles

In 2014, Fiat merged with Chrysler. The new company was called Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA). This merger included Fiat’s stake in Ferrari.

Ferrari’s Independence

In 2015, Ferrari became an independent company. FCA decided to spin off Ferrari. This meant Ferrari would be its own company again.

Initial Public Offering (ipo)

In October 2015, Ferrari had an IPO. This means Ferrari sold shares to the public. The IPO was successful.

Current Ownership

Today, Ferrari is an independent company. FCA no longer owns a majority stake. However, FCA does still own a small part of Ferrari.


So, does Fiat own Ferrari? The answer is no. Ferrari is now an independent company. However, Fiat played a big role in Ferrari’s history.

Ferrari’s journey is fascinating. From Enzo Ferrari’s vision to today, the company has come a long way. And Fiat was a big part of that journey.

Leave a Comment